Best Tankless water heaters review 2020
As human beings living in this world, nobody out there can say that they will never need hot water. As a matter of fact, even those living in a tropical country will need hot water, too, during certain time periods, like when it comes to the rainy season for an example. Yet, hot water is not going to be available just like that, right from the tap.
Keeping that in mind, one of the things that people may want to try is perhaps to look at as many best water heater reviews as possible in order to find out the best water heating solution there is out there. In this case, the Eccotemp L5 may turn out to be their best bet. However, they should first know how a water heater actually works and the types of water heater available.
Water is one of the most vital things which we need to have and we need to have them in plenty. While water tankers could be a solution, they have their own shortcomings in terms of capacity, freshness and so on. Hence there is a gradual shift toward tankless water solutions and it is becoming quite popular amongst thousands of customers. It would be interesting to know how it works when compared to tanked water supplies.
The technology is quite simple. The water flows through the pipes which are connected to a stable and dependable water supply system. Hence whenever the faucet is opened customers get a free flow of water at all points of time. Hence there is no risk of the tank going dry. The last thing end-users want is a stoppage of water during the odd hours of the night.
We will over the next few lines look at five of the best tankless water heaters. This will help end customers to broaden their horizons and keep in mind a few important points while evaluating or looking up such tankless water heaters.
Best Tankless Water Heater -Table
|Eccotemp L10 Portable Outdoor Tankless Water Heater||Buy on Amazon|
|Rinnai RL75iN Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater, 7.5 Gallons Per Minute||Buy on Amazon|
|Takagi T-K4-IN-NG Indoor Tankless Water Heater, Natural Gas||Buy on Amazon|
|Ecosmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater, 27 KW at 240 Volts with Patented Self Modulating Technology||Buy on Amazon|
|Stiebel Eltron Tempra 24 Plus Electric Tankless Whole House Water Heater, 240 V, 24 kW||Buy on Amazon|
Top 5 Best tankless water heaters 2020
Eccotemp L10 Portable Outdoor Tankless Water Heater
- Comes with unique and high performing 9 feet CSA gas regulator.
- Suitable for us on 20 LB Grill type tank.
- It comes with rain cap made from quality stainless steel.
- It also has a 1/2 inch garden to NPT hose adapter.
- Has a capacity of 74,500 BTU’s
- Automatic 20 minutes safety shutoff features to avoid overheating.
Rinnai RL75iN Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater, 7.5 Gallons Per Minute
- Fully imported and totally fabric free.
- Can handle capacities ranging from 10,300 to 180,000 BTU.
- Has a unique MC-91-1US Digital Controller with an indicator of the error code.
- Suitable both for commercial and residential use.
- Commercial temperature range – 98 degree Fahrenheit to 160 degree
- Residential temperature range – 98 degree Fahrenheit to 140 degrees Fahrenheit
Takagi T-K4-IN-NG Indoor Tankless Water Heater, Natural Gas
Perhaps one of the best tankless water heaters it has a number of exciting features that are worth looking at:
- Comes with an impressive energy factor of 0.81-0.83
- Has a capacity of 140,000 BTU
- The maximum flow rate of 8.0 GPM meets almost all requirements.
- It comes with a unique and patented outlet and inlet thermistors. This helps a lot in live and constant temperature monitoring.
- 10-year warranty for heat exchanger and 5 years for parts.
Ecosmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater, 27 KW at 240 Volts with Patented Self Modulating Technology
EcoSmart is well known for offering quality tankless water heater and this model is a testimony to it. It has a number of interesting features and a few of them are listed below:
- It can operate very smoothly in places where temperatures can go as low as minus 37 degrees.
- It can heat around 3 gallons per minute.
- It comes with the patented SMT or Self Modulating Technology.
- The largest tankless heater in this category.
- Digital temperature controls allow temperatures to be set at increments of 1 degree.
Stiebel Eltron Tempra 24 Plus Electric Tankless Whole House Water Heater, 240 V, 24 kW
- Very reliable and trustworthy machine.
- It comes with sophisticated digital control features.
- It does not require venting or ducting.
- Can easily fit anywhere because of its sleek design
- Very energy-efficient and can help save up to 20% on energy bills as far as hot water consumption is concerned.
Why This Technology Is Catching Up So Fast
Though tankless technology is not very old, there are obviously a number of benefits associated with it. Today’s customers look for convenience and comfort and these two “Cs” are quite well taken care of when one chooses tankless water heaters. One of the biggest challenges is the conventional tanks running out of the water. This can easily be avoided because of the new technology which is used in this case.
Once this technology is put in place, the entire home or commercial premise can benefit out of it. Whether it is a kitchen, bathroom or toilet, it will ensure that hot water is available at all points of time. Further, the technology in this field has moved on and today we have tankless water heaters which can work perfectly well even in temperature of around minus 40 degrees.
Water heaters type
In order to find out how a water heater works, people should first learn about the two different kinds of water heating systems to avail. First of all, there is the more conventional option, the water heating kit that comes with a large tank. In this case, the water received by the heating kit will be heated and stored in the available tank. Then, when people happen to need that hot water, the system can simply take it from its hot water reserve inside the accompanying tank. Unfortunately, this system costs higher to maintain and needs larger space for installation.
Another type of water heaters people can go for is the more modern solution, the tankless water heating system. Unlike the system with tank storage, this tankless alternative needs much less space. In addition to that, since there is no tank to adhere to, the cost for maintaining the heater becomes relatively low.
But then again, the question is how the system is going to provide hot water whenever necessary if it does not even have a place to reserve the hot water. To answer that, it is utterly important that people learn how such a system works.
How a tankless water heaters works
Despite some people’s lack of trust in it, a tankless water heating solution can actually provide users with hot water whenever required. All it is for users to do is simply to press the hot water tap. This will activate the water heating mechanism. The heating normally takes about a few seconds only. Then, when they are done heating the water, users should try to turn the heating mechanism off. So, as you can see, there is in fact not much to do to get your hands on some instant hot water.
They Can Help Save Energy Costs
Energy costs being what they are, switching over to tankless water heaters can help in saving a lot on energy costs, with particular reference to heated water that is used in homes, offices and commercial places. The saving would vary but a benchmark figure would indicate a saving of around 10 to 20% which is quite good especially when looked at from a long-term perspective.
They Are Very Efficient
These tankless water heaters use the most modern technologies and take the ground realities into account. Today’s homes are not as big as they were around two decades ago. Space being a constraint today’s tankless heaters are small in size but high in capacity. Further, they are ergonomically designed and can fit into almost any corner of the home. They are available in various sizes and capacities to suit specific needs and requirements.
How To Choose The Best water heaters 2020
Since there are many players who are manufacturing and marketing these tankless water heaters, the onus lies on the customers to choose the right models and brands. This would depend on various factors like frequency of use, a number of family members, water requirements per day, and last but not the least cost.
Before parting with the money it would be better to do thorough research and seek as much knowledge and information as possible. There are a few things that must be closely looked at. These include the per minute heating capacity, the BTU capacity, the safety features including auto switch off and on, just to name a view. Visiting some good reviews on Amazon.com and other sites will help a lot to know more about the various tankless water heaters from the consumers directly. Last but not the least price is a very important consideration but not the only one. As a customer one should know to balance price and quality as best as possible.
There is no doubt that there are some obvious benefits as far as choosing the best tankless water heaters. It calls for taking an informed and knowledgeable buying decision after evaluating various brands and models.
REASONS FOR CHOOSING ECCOTEMP L5
According to most tankless water heater reviews, there are more than enough reasons why people should choose the Eccotemp L5. Some of the reasons are as follow:
- It does not need too much space as it is a tankless solution
- It is also very portable, with a total weight not exceeding 13 pounds. This makes it very easy to take the Eccotemp L5 water heating kit to just about any places, such as, barns, cabins, campsites and even any location that is virtually off the radar
- Easy use and set up; unlike some other products from the competitors out there, the Eccotemp L5 comes equipped with all adapters and fittings that the user of the device may ever need. Thanks to that, setting up the water heating system, in particular, should be more than easy to accomplish. In order for the device to work, users only have to establish a connection between the device, the propane tank and the garden hose nozzle, which is standard
- Huge water input capacity; in spite of its compact design and portable size, plenty of tankless water heater reviews out there are amazed by the fact that this solution is well capable of dealing with 1.4 gallons of water within every single minute
- Runs on Battery; it is not easy these days to find a product that still runs on battery. As a result, people will be able to use the device even when they are far away from a wall outlet. However, the battery should be purchased separately. In this case, 2 dry cell batteries should do the job perfectly already